2022 Guide to Easter Egg Hunts Around Birmingham
Updated: Apr 12, 2022
This year, Easter falls on Sunday, April 17, 2022, and that means the Bunny is
busy hiding eggs throughout Birmingham. Whether you are looking for a fun egg hunt in Central Alabama or a beautiful place to reflect and worship during a sunrise service, we have a few ideas for Easter events and egg hunts in Birmingham.
Veterans Park: Hoover Saturday April 16th- The 8th Annual Judy Merritt Memorial 5K & Community Eggstravaganza is back in person this year on Saturday, April 16! This year promises to be the BIGGEST and BEST yet!Register for the in-person or virtual 5K! Enjoy the free community Egg Hunt for all ages with more than $20,000 in PRIZES! Visit with the Easter Bunny and redeem prizes at on-site food trucks. Free popcorn, cotton candy and Pepsi products available.
2. Oak Mountain State Park - Pelham Saturday April 16: Oak Mountain State Park's Annual Easter Egg Hunt is here! Bring your basket and be ready to have fun! We have OVER 20,000 FILLED eggs this year!
3. First Baptist Church Pelham Saturday April 16th- Easter egg Hunt and games!
4. Egg Hunt Block Party Vestavia April 16 - Alyssa Holloway State Farm is hosting its 2nd annual Easter Egg Hunt! Come join the fun as we go Easter Egg hunting with thousands of eggs with prizes!
Children will receive a Free basket to put their eggs in. The fun doesn’t stop there!!! Kids can enjoy face painting, jumping on the bounce house and much more!!!! See you there! This event is free to the public! Bring a friend!
5. Easter egg Hunt, Helena April 16th- Come join us for a fun afternoon Easter Egg Hunt. All ages welcome.
Location: Helena Cumberland Presbyterian Church 2p-3:30p
3396 Helena Road Helena, Al 35080
6. Easter egg Drop Hueytown April 16 - Hop on over to the FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH, just down the street from Stadium Park, for a family-fun Hueytown Chamber "Easter Egg Drop" with the Hueytown
7. Birmingham Homeschoolers Community Easter Park Day April 15 - Cahaba Lily Park, Helena - Join us for a traditional Easter egg hunt as well as spring fun! Bring plastic eggs (with or without goodies inside) and baskets for the egg hunt, and bring a prepackaged spring treat/drink to share (or bring your own snack for your children). Teens and older students can help with egg hiding if they prefer. Dads often join us on this day too! -
Bring kites and sport equipment for free time. Hopefully, we will have beautiful weather, but we will meet rain or shine and hide eggs under the pavilion if needed!
For those who haven’t joined us in the past, we do hide tickets in eggs to redeem for prizes after the egg hunt. And here is our normal schedule:
1-1:30 pm – Families arrive and drop off eggs at designated area.
1:30-2 pm – Teens/Dads hide eggs at a designated location while children play or eat.
We gather in grade level groupings for the egg hunt at 2pm.
After the egg hunt, students look through their collected eggs for tickets and goodies. Empty eggs can be donated to BHC for use in the next year’s hunt, or you can take your collections home. The tickets are marked, and students will return to their age/grade level egg hunt area with their tickets to claim their prizes.
This is a monthly group event, and we hope you will come and meet new friends. All the families and people may be overwhelming, so look for our BHC team (with lanyards or t-shirts) to help you make connections.
8. Annual Easter Egg Hunt April 16, Woodlawn UMC - Hop over to Woodlawn UMC for our annual Easter Egg Hunt! Hunt eggs, play games, enjoy snacks and have your photo made with the Easter Bunny!
9. Cultivate Church’s Easter Egg Drop - April 16 Veteran’s Park Alabaster Join us as thousands of candy and toy-filled Easter eggs fall from a helicopter! This is a fun, FREE, day with candy, bouncy houses, food, the Easter Bunny, and so much more!
The gates will open at 9am and the egg hunt for ages 0-3 will begin at 10:30am.
The first helicopter drop will happen soon after and each age group will follow with their own drop. Skip the line and Pre-Register at https://cultivatechurch.tv/easter
(Helicopter drops include ages: 4-5, 6-8, and 9-11)
Veterans Park (Alabaster)
Gates Open at 9:00 AM
Drop Beings at 10:30 AM
10. Deloach Farms Easter Egg Hunt April 16 - Vincent, Alabama - 🐰 Hop on over to DeLoach Farms this Saturday, April 16th, for some family friendly Easter fun! 🐣 Come enjoy a day at the farm with your family!
🐰Hunt for Easter Eggs and pick fresh ripe strawberries!
🐣We’ll be grilling hotdogs- or pack a picnic 🧺
We can’t wait to see you there!
11.Pancake Breakfast and Egg Hunt April 16 - Rocky Ridge Cumberland Presbyterian Only a few more days before our breakfast and egg hunt! Please preorder your breakfast ticket ($5) through Venmo @RRCP-Offering or email firstname.lastname@example.org to give the amount if people coming and pay at the door! We can’t wait to see you!!
12. Special Needs Community Egg Hunt
SAT, APR 16, 2022 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM Birmingham
Individuals with special needs and their families are invited to join us for our community egg hunt! We will have egg hunts to accommodate varying abilities, games, crafts, door prize raffles, and dessert trucks for treat purchases. Bring your basket and get ready for the fun! For questions about this event, please contact Amy Kirby (email@example.com).